I came up with this recipe on a cold weekend where I decided to make a brunch with whatever I had at home. Think of this recipe more as an idea and go through your fridge and see what you come up with. Of course you can also follow it word by word. Everyone loved it but I learned a lesson. DO NOT put too much blue cheese next time. Kids did not care as much for that strong taste. So the recipe below is already with that change made in mind!
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of heavy cream
16 breakfast sausages
1/2 cup of blue cheese – or less if you do not want a strong taste
1 cup of shredded cheese
1.5 cups of cooked asparagus
1 cup of chopped onions
a few leaves of Tarragon, Sage and Thyme
- In a cast iron skillet at medium low sautée the breakfast sausages.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, sour cream and heavy cream.
- Add all other ingredients apart from the onions.
- Once the sausages are cooked, cut them in small pieces and add them to the eggs.
- In the sausages fat lightly brown the onions then add them to the eggs.
- Pour the whole thing into the same cast iron skillet and put it in the oven at 400 for about 35 mins.
- Remove from the oven and serve while hot.