These are very messy to eat, even though considered finger-food, your hands will be filled with cheese!
A “re-invention” from a recipe I had tried at a friend’s house, these stuffed jalapeños are a huge hit. Make sure to use high quality ingredients especially for the blue cheese, crab meat and bacon. Try to get smoked bacon. Here in Wisconsin I buy Nueske Bacon.
6oz crab meat
1/2 cup blue cheese
8oz salmon cream cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 slices of smoked bacon
- Make a longitudinal cut only on one side of each jalapeño.
- Remove all seeds from the jalapeños.
- In a bowl mix crab meat, blue cheese, cream cheese and shredded mozzarella.
- Stuff each jalapeño with the mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a slice of bacon and put them in a oven safe deep dish.
- Put them in the oven at low broil for about 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
I made this recipe yesterday to find out how it would come out by cooking it in the crockpot. I used a 16oz. crockpot. I must say… it was torture to deal with the smell coming out from the kitchen while we were waiting for it to be made!
As you can see this recipe is extremely easy to make and follow. Much as suggested, I believe to just go ahead and double the recipe right away as you will not be disappointed, and well you can give some as gifts and will forever have a troupe of friends drooling over this jam!
To eat this jam for the first time I decided to make crepes and add a thin layer of the jam, them fold them into triangles and coat them with powdered sugar. Smart move if I may say myself. Even Izzy, the dog loved it as Princess would drop a few pieces onto the floor. I tell you though, three crepes with the jam and you will be filled for quite a few hours!