My husband grew up with this recipe and it is a staple at any party–especially the holidays–of his family’s households. From the very first time I tried it, I knew I would be making it often too, yet.. as usual adding a touch of myself (the smoked paprika).
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Chop the olives real small then add to the cream cheese.
- Use a potato peeler to softly peel the outsides of the celery sticks (this way you will not feel the strings when biting on it).
- Cut the celery stick to about 2 inches in length.
- Fill each stick with the cream cheese mixture and they are ready to serve.